VOLUNTEERING AS A GAMEMASTER OR JUDGE
While Volunteers are the nuts and bolts, GM’s are the lifeblood of any convention. GM’s prep, bring, and run the games for which they’ve volunteered.
For GMs and judges, we recommend that you have enough experience to feel comfortable GM/judging for a group of strangers. You should be confident in your knowledge of the rules of the game and the spirit of the game, and in your ability to keep your players in line while still showing them a good time.
Typically, GM’s will run their games under one or more of the following categories:
Most Scheduled Games will be run in 4-, 6- or 8- hour increments.
We welcome GMs and judges who have great games to bring to our players – no matter their level of experience. If you feel experienced enough to bring a game to the Con, you probably are!
COOL! SIGN ME UP! HERE’S HOW:
GM event submissions open on December 1, 2018 and remain open until April 1, 2019.
All of our event and volunteer task management is handled through our dynamic website at: www.kublacon.info
If you don’t have an online account already, you’ll need to create one. Follow the prompts from the home page to “Create an Online Account”.
We call these GM ACCOUNTS… but they are the SAME account whether you’re volunteering as a GM or a Volunteer.
After you’ve logged into your account, you’ll see links to:
- Add Event to GM (Use if you plan to GM games. This is sometimes ‘closed’ when event submissions are not open)
- Task Search/Signup (Use this one for Hosting onsite)
- My Task Requests (This is a search that finds any tasks you’ve requested to be assigned to.)
- And other links that help you track favorite games, etc.
- Likewise, if you’re a GM that’s run games for us before, a search of ‘your’ games will allow you to update prior year events to “Event Proposals” with a few clicks of your mouse. This is disabled when the submission period is closed.
For a more detailed overview of how to use our Events and Tasks website, read the full Volunteer Guide in PDF form.